Associate Attorney – Personal Injury
We are currently seeking a Personal Injury Associate Attorney with three to five years of relevant experience to join our Hollywood, FL law firm. If you have felt unappreciated, undervalued and/or otherwise unfulfilled in your current position, we have an incredible opportunity for you.
Our boutique firm is growing rapidly and we’re looking for an empathic, experienced personal injury attorney to help our clients find justice and compensation for their injuries. The ideal candidate is energetic, with a positive attitude, have compassion and understanding for the clients they are working with, likes structure, is organized, and enjoys working in a collaborative team-centric office. You’ll handle the case file from start to finish with support from our team of highly skilled legal professionals. You should have excellent credentials, a minimum of 3 years of successful personal injury litigation along with trial case experience, and an authentic passion for helping people. If this sounds like you, apply today!
This is not a remote position.
All submissions will be held in the strictest of confidence.
Law Offices of Scott Klotzman, P.A. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Handle personal injury case files from start to finish
- Evaluate potential personal injury claims and provide legal advice to prospective clients accordingly
- Draft, review, and modify claims, motions, discovery responses, demand letters, pleadings, subpoenas, memorandums, and other legal documents
- Research case law and premises liability, and gather insurance policies, medical expenses, medical records, and other evidence relevant to the case
- Communicate with clients, expert witnesses, insurance company adjusters, supporting witnesses, and medical providers to gather information
- Negotiate suitable agreements and settle on the clients’ behalf when appropriate
- Represent the client at hearings, trials, mediations, depositions, and litigation
- Document and update the status of all case files in the case management system
- Manage a team of personal injury paralegals, legal assistants, case managers, litigation paralegals, and legal secretary
- Ability to handle files from inception to trial
- Ability to clearly articulate issues and case details to clients
- Minimal supervision – must be disciplined and a self-starter
- Must be licensed to practice law in Florida and an active member of the Florida Bar,
- Experience in drafting and arguing motions,
Experience attending depositions and mediations
- Excellent research and writing abilities
- 3 years of experience in pre-suit and litigation in personal injury
- A good understanding of personal injury law/ tort law, medical terminology, wrongful death, civil and family law, and medical malpractice is desired
- Superb negotiation, and communication skills
- Must be computer proficient
Qualities / Attributes of Preferred Candidate
- Self-Starter / Responsible / Work Independently
- Diplomatic / Tactful
- Proven Solving and Analytical Ability
- Strong Communication Skills
- Sociable & has a sense of humor
- Tolerance for ambiguity
- Comfortable working in a growth environment
We offer competitive compensation packages including salary, paid time off and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance packages. This is a great opportunity for motivated attorneys looking for unlimited earning potential, a fun and exciting work experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 / yr base salary + quarterly performance bonuses
- 401 (k)
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Great work life balance
- Competitive salary and bonus structure