Coral Gables City Branch Court Services
Court services provided by the Coral Gables City Branch Court includes:
County Civil Court
Cases filed in the civil division of the Clerk’s Office fall either under the jurisdiction of County Court or Circuit Court.
County court cases are governed by the rules of civil procedure. These rules cover cases where the amount of damages exceeds $8,000 but is not more than $50,000 as well as tenant eviction cases.
Circuit court handles cases such as:
- Cases where the amount of money exceeds $50,001, exclusive of interest, court costs and attorney fees
- Eviction cases where damages claimed exceed $50,001
- Actions of ejectment
- Actions involving the title and boundaries of real property
- Issuance of injunctions -such as:
- Professional Malpractice
- Products Liability
- Mortgage Foreclosures
- Eminent Domain
- Bond Estreatures
- Foreign Judgments
Small Claims cases are where the amount of money does not exceed $8,000 exclusive of interest, court costs and attorney fees.
Landlord & tenant disputes must be filed in the geographical district where the property is located.
Civil Summons & Subpoenas
All actions may be filed at the Miami-Dade County Courthouse or at district court locations.
District Court Hearings
These include Family Court, which handles three broad categories of cases: domestic relations, probate, and domestic violence.
Marriage Licenses & Ceremonies
Couples wishing to become legally married in the state of Florida must apply for a marriage license in person and be of 18 years old and over. A Florida marriage license allows a couple to get married anywhere in Florida, regardless of the county the license was purchased from.
Traffic & Parking Violations
There are two types of traffic citations: a civil traffic infraction and a criminal traffic violation:
- A civil traffic infraction is a case in which a person is suspected of committing a non-criminal traffic infraction. These infractions are classified as either moving or non-moving.These are not punishable by incarceration and there is no right to trial by jury or to court appointed counsel.
- A criminal traffic violation is issued in a case in which a person is suspected of committing a traffic violation which is punishable as a misdemeanor offense. A driver can be arrested when charged with a criminal traffic offense.
Location & Contact Information
3100 Ponce de Leon,
Coral Gables, FL 33134
Phone: (305) 569-2519