Miami’s semi-tropical climate provides residents with abundant rainfall and long, sunny days all year round. While humidity, rain, and frequent flooding provide ideal vacationing conditions for seasonal visitors, they also create the perfect conditions for the formation of mold, which can be dangerous to your health and that of your family. If you discover hazardous mold in your apartment, house, condo, or on any other property, there is a chance that someone else is to blame for the property damage and any health issues brought about by mold exposure.
Klotzman Law Firm Hollywood mold damage lawyers have knowledge in this area of law and are ready to help you pursue a mold damage claim in Hollywood, Florida. We are aware of the disruptions that mold damage can cause to your life and health, and we’ll move swiftly to secure compensation so that things can get back to normal as soon as possible.
If you discovered mold in your home or have suffered health complications due to toxic mold exposure, call 954-915-7405 now to speak to a professional Hollywood mold damage lawyer from Klotzman Law Firm for the legal counsel and representation you need.
What Should I Do If My Home Has A Mold Problem?
If you believe that your home is infested with mold, it’s important that you take the necessary measures as soon as possible to avert the problem. Mold not only has a negative impact on your health, but it can also cause structural damage. a mold infestation problem, it makes sense to get in touch with an inspection company as soon as possible. A professional can identify whether or not you have a mold problem and how bad it is. In certain cases, they may even be able to tell what led to the issue.
When dealing with a mold infestation, taking the right steps can help avert the problem and increase your chances of receiving compensation through a mold damage claim. Other steps you need to take apart from calling a mold remediation company include:
- Take photos of the damage and record every detail: Take pictures of the mold damage the first time you discover it.
- Get in touch with your insurance agent: Determine whether the mold was caused by a risk that’s covered by your policy. Additionally, a case can be made if mold emerged after your insurer had already authorized a claim to fix water damage. Rather than submitting a new claim, ask to have the previous one reopened.
- Prevent additional damage: Take steps to minimize further mold damage, such as using a dehumidifier, opening windows, and removing furniture from the affected area. However, you should consider waiting until your insurer has sent out an adjuster before you start paying for repairs.
- Consult a claims examiner: A claims adjuster can help inspect and evaluate the damage and provide an estimate of how much repairs will cost.
- Mold remediation: Each insurance company has a different reimbursement procedure. However, after the repairs are finished, you’ll probably get an advance and then the final payment. Keep all invoices from the contractor or mold restoration company you hire to handle the problem. They might also be paid directly by your insurance carrier.
- Speak with an attorney: Mold claims can be challenging. Insurance companies will undoubtedly try to reject your claim as they generally don’t like to spend more money than they have to. Therefore, the wisest move you can make is to get in touch with a property damage attorney and have them deal with your insurance provider for you.
What Are Some Common Causes Of Mold?
According to FEMA (the Federal Emergency Management Agency), mildew and mildew can start growing 24 to 48 hours after being exposed to water. Once mold growth has started, it won’t stop until the right countermeasures are taken to eradicate the source of moisture.
When water infiltrates your home or business premises, your insurance provider should be liable for the losses brought on by the moisture, including the cost of repair and cleanup. Mold can develop from a number of common water intrusion sources, including:
- Plumbing leaks
- Window leaks
- Roof damage
- Lack of good ventilation
- Broken or ruptured pipes
- Sprinkler spray hitting a structure
- Sewage backups in flooded areas
- Flood damage
- Damage from storms and hurricanes, common in Florida
- Overflow from sinks or sewers
- A clothes dryer that exhausts air indoors
- A high-humidity environment
- A damp crawl space
What Is Needed For A Mold Damage Lawsuit?
An individual who has suffered bodily harm as a result of exposure to toxic mold often has legal standing. How successful your claim is will be determined by the quantity and quality of evidence you have. To win a toxic mold lawsuit, you must prove:
- That you were exposed to toxic mold
- Your exposure to mold caused property damage or personal injuries
- You were owed a duty of care, and that duty was violated
- The damage and injuries you experienced are linked to your exposure to mold.
The best ways to prove these elements are:
- Proof of mold infestation, including any inspection pictures, reports, and video, if any, documenting the mold’s growth
- Medical proof and diagnoses that connect your health problems to mold exposure, such as chest X-rays, pulmonary test findings, and/or allergy test results
- Disclosure statements or records that failed to mention the presence of mold or water damage;
- Copies documenting any costs that you may have incurred as a result of being exposed to mold, such as lost wages, medical bills, replacing damaged property, and mold remediation costs.
How Does Mold Affect Me Or My Family?
Toxic mold may harm your health in a variety of ways. While certain types of mold are rather innocuous (beyond being a common allergy), research has shown that others may be extremely harmful. Normally, exposure to mold does not result in sudden death, but the cumulative consequences can be harmful, crippling, and, in some instances, even deadly. Mold can lead to a number of problems, such as:
Toxic Mold Illnesses: Illnesses caused by mold are mostly connected to allergic responses that resemble seasonal allergies, with the most common symptoms being coughing, wheezing, skin irritation, and watery eyes. In immune-compromised patients, exposure to mold has been linked to serious primary and secondary infections as well as asthma. Additionally, chronic exposure to toxic mold is also linked to more severe side effects like disorientation, memory loss, sleeplessness, anxiety, and depression.
Financial Implications: A mold infestation may cost you little more than a moderate headache if you catch it early enough. But if left untreated, the problem could infest your floorboards and drywall, necessitating the replacement of large sections of your home and perhaps costing you more than the initial repair cost.
How Can A Hollywood Mold Damage Lawyer From Klotzman Law Firm Help With My Claim?
If you’ve just discovered mold in your home and don’t have mold coverage on your policy, then you might have a hard time proving your claim. However, our experienced mold damage lawyer and aggressive law firm can fight back for you despite these limitations. Some of the ways our attorneys can help include:
Our lawyers will carefully research your claim and gather the needed proof to increase your claim’s strength and validity. We will also hire specialists to assess your claim’s validity and estimate the cost of all the repairs you’ll need.
To ensure that you receive the most money possible, your attorney will submit your case to the insurance provider and attempt to reach a settlement before the matter goes to trial. Your lawyer will use all legal means at their disposal to settle the matter as swiftly as possible and for the maximum compensation to which you may be entitled. You will actively participate in the negotiations with your lawyer. Klotzman Law Firm is aware that this is your only chance to receive compensation for your loss.
Our Hollywood mold damage lawyers are ready to take your case to court and fight for your right to receive compensation should negotiations with your insurance provider fail. We are also ready to retain the services of any specialists and professionals required to maximize your recovery and strengthen your case.
Contact Our Hollywood Mold Damage Lawyer Today For The Help You Need
Most toxic mold sufferers do not seek legal counsel because they are unaware of the seriousness of their illnesses. If you or a loved one has perished or suffered significant injuries as a result of being exposed to toxic mold, contact a Hollywood mold damage lawyer from Klotzman Law Firm today for a chance to have your claim reviewed for free.
To get started, dial 954-915-7405 and let us help you fight for your right to compensation for damages and injuries sustained due to a mold infestation!