North Dade Justice Center Services
Court services provides at the North Dade Justice Center include:
- County Court
- Small Claims
- Landlord/Tenant Disputes
- Civil Summons and Subpoenas
- District Court Hearings
- Domestic Violence Petitions
- Marriage Licenses and Ceremonies
- Misdemeanor and Felony Fine Payments
- Restraining Orders
- Take an Oath of Witness to a Will
- Traffic & Parking Violations
County court cases are governed by the rules of civil procedure. These rules cover cases where the amount of damages exceeds $8,000 but is not more than $50,000 as well as tenant eviction cases.
Small Claims cases are where the amount of money does not exceed $8,000 exclusive of interest, court costs and attorney fees.
Landlord & Tenant Disputes
Landlord & tenant disputes must be filed in the geographical district where the property is located.
District Court Hearings
These include Family Court, which handles three broad categories of cases: domestic relations, probate, and domestic violence.
Domestic Violence Petitions
To file a petition for domestic violence, you must complete the Domestic Violence Intake Questionnaire before visiting the Clerk’s office. Once completed, bring the completed form to one of the intake locations, North Dade Justice Center being one of the four.
Marriage Licenses & Ceremonies
Couples wishing to become legally married in the state of Florida must apply for a marriage license in person and be of 18 years old and over. A Florida marriage license allows a couple to get married anywhere in Florida, regardless of the county the license was purchased from.
If you feel unsafe or are in danger, a temporary injunction, also known as a restraining order, may be issued until a judge can rule on your petition.
Traffic & Parking Violations
There are two types of traffic citations: a civil traffic infraction and a criminal traffic violation. Traffic citations contain a combination of seven numbers and letters.
- A civil traffic infraction is a case in which a person is suspected of committing a non-criminal traffic infraction. These infractions are classified as either moving or non-moving.These are not punishable by incarceration and there is no right to trial by jury or to court appointed counsel.
- A criminal traffic violation is issued in a case in which a person is suspected of committing a traffic violation which is punishable as a misdemeanor offense. A driver can be arrested when charged with a criminal traffic offense.
Location & Contact Information
15555 Biscayne Blvd, Suite #100,
North Miami Beach, FL 33160
Phone: (305) 275-1155